Sunday, August 3, 2014

{Movie} Review: Triangle (2009)



Triangle (2009)
Starring:  Melissa George

When Jess sets sail on a yacht with a group of friends, she cannot shake the feeling that there is something wrong. Her suspicions are realized when the yacht hits a storm and the group is forced to board a passing ocean liner to get to safety, a ship Jess is convinced she's been on before. The ship appears deserted, the clock on board has stopped, but they are not alone... Someone is intent on hunting them down, one by one. And Jess unknowingly holds the key to end the terror.

My thoughts:
I loved this movie.  All the twists and turns keep you guessing until almost the final seconds.  It makes you realize that you do not need big budget special effects to make a great movie, you just need a good story.  I have added this one to my favorites of all time.

It is difficult to talk about this movie because I don't want to give anything away.  I was even hesitant to add the whole blurb above.  What makes it a great movie is that you are kept guessing, so don't watch any of the trailers.  I was unable to find a trailer to add to this post as they all give too much away.  So stay away!

The only advise I can give, is to listen to the dialogue and take notice of the details in all the scenes. Something in the background of one scene might become significant later in the story.   There is a lot of gore in this movie but it is part of the atmosphere and terror that Jess feels, so do not let that keep you away.

Please let me know what you thought after watching this one.  You will not be disappointed.

2 comments: