Thursday, August 14, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts #10

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is the place where we can talk about anything that pops into our minds, bookish or otherwise. Your rants (good or bad) are welcome here too. Come and share anything you want with us.

1.  My husband bought me a little Sansa-clip for Xmas so that I could enjoy the goodies from Audible (and I am) but I am not too fond of having to use little earphones all the time.  Then I found this cute little speaker on eBay and I am loving it!  No more having issues with losing my place in a book.  If I am alone, I can just plug out the earphones and plug in the little blob (especially when driving!).  Works great!!  I love technology!!  And yes, I got a pink one :)

(photo from eBay - works with phones too)

2.  Still reading the THE HUSBAND's SECRET and enjoying it a lot.  I have gotten to the secret part :)  I am not so sure of the actions of all the characters . . . I am hoping they will redeem themselves.  On the other hand, what would I do in such a situation . . . difficult question.  This would make a great bookclub book - the discussions that could come out of it!  *update:  just finished it now - a five star read!*


This contain spoilers - highlight below only if you do not plan to read it.
By coincidence I have also watched some Crime & Investigation TV and it also featured a case where a young girl is murdered.  In both incidents, the daughter is murdered and the mother's whole existence becomes the murdered daughter.  I cannot imagine being in such a situation but I felt so sorry for the other siblings.  The mothers just kind of forgot about the other members of the family.  So sad . . . 

3.  My husband asked me if he should start worrying about closing his eyes at night.  Apparently I like the Crime and Investigation channel too much.  LoL

 

4.  Sunday was a super moon!  Hubby took this photo - isn't it pretty!  Apparently there is another super moon next month.

5.  So sad to hear of Robin Williams' suicide this week.  It is so sad that loads of comedians suffer from depression, we hear it more and more.  They make us laugh but deep down inside, the are battling enormous illnesses.  I am so grateful that this is one illness I do not suffer from.  I can't even imagine how terrible it must be not to be able to lift yourself out of the darkness.


Until next week . . .    

6 comments:

  1. I *need* one of those cute little speakers. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for liking The Husband's Secret! Such a great read. I'm anxious to read her newest book soon.

    That is a very cool speaker. I need to figure out how to get audible books back in my life. I feel like I'm missing out.

    My Post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved The Husband's Secret...and it led to reading more awesome books from this author, the latest (and best, IMO!), is Big Little Lies.

    I remember depressions from back in the day...but fortunately, they are behind me and I think that sharing our thoughts and feelings helps with whatever issues we have. Yay, blogging!

    Here's MY BOOKISH/NOT SO BOOKISH POST

    ReplyDelete
  4. That speaker is so cute! Want!

    Your #3 made me laugh. All of my friends say that one day I'm going to go on a killing spree because of my 'the gorier the better' moto as far as entertainment is concerned. I'm sure that's not how it works though right!? Right? LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved My Husband's Secret when I read it last year. I tried to guess how it would end, but was then totally shocked.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, those speakers are adorable!

    ReplyDelete