1. I finished Mr Mercedes by Stephen King today. I really enjoyed this crime story but I also miss his old terror-horrors. I remember reading The Shining for the first time. It was the first book that I had to put aside for a while because I was too scared (that was 20 or 25 years ago!). I would love to find a really scary book again. I haven’t read something truly scary in a long time. If you have a favorite, I would love to hear from you . . .
2. Next up I am debating if I am in the mood for something biographical – maybe Hillary Clinton’s new book – or maybe a light hearted romance – The Rosy Project . . . I will load both on my clip and see what I am in the mood for tomorrow.
3. My poor Roxy baby is still suffering . . . I spoke of her separation anxiety a while ago. We have gotten the strongest medication that the vet could prescribe but still it is no help. We have now tried everything. Tried a dog behaviorist, tried “training” by keeping her away from us for short periods even when we are home. We even tried medication . . . I don’t know anymore. And the looks from the neighbors are getting worse . . . I really am so despondent . . . I am unhappy and she is unhappy . . . I have heard of “doggy daycares” – wish there was one nearby . . .
4. I just love the minions I have a cover case for my phone and recently got a matching ringtone. I can’t help smiling when my phone starts ringing . . . lifts my mood every time.
5. Ever watched a movie and thought “. . . that is so much crap . . . “ but smiling broadly anyway . . .