Thursday, June 12, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish Thoughts) #4

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is the place where we can talk about anything that pops into our minds, bookish or otherwise.  Your rants (good or bad) are welcome here too.  Come and share anything you want with us today.
1.  I have been reading some blog post recently with people making little emergency kits for when disaster strikes.  I don’t really need that as we do not have any tornados or earthquakes, etc but it did make me think.  We don’t have a great First Aid Kit.  I could not even tell you if we have a Band-Aid . . . I need a kit!
2.  What is it with unfriendly receptionists (or service people in general)! You are working with people in a client service environment  – get over it or get another job.  I am feeling ill, don’t give me an attitude as well!
3.  I saw this classic talking dog youtube video again this week and it made me smile even though I have seen it so many times.  Soooooo cute – deserve everyone of the 150+ million views Smile
4.  This year there seems to be Books-to-movies everywhere.  I love making to-do lists.  I should have a list and start reading all these books.  Any ideas?
5.  Watching Anthony Bourdain in Parts Unknown, I wonder if other cities/countries feel the same way when they see his program about their own country.  Frankly I was offended when I saw his South African program last night on Netflix.  Definitely not a balanced view of the country or of the food.  I used to love his shows, now I am beginning to wonder.  Was other places also as misrepresented . . . can I really believe what I saw and heard about some of the huge cities of the world . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment