1. Listening to Where’d you go, Bernadette at the moment and loving it. I am not a big contemporary novel fan but this has popped up with great reviews everywhere. So I had to give it a try.
(I had a hard time keeping a straight face today so that someone would not guess that I was listening to an audiobook. Sometimes it is necessary to keep that secret )
2. Next up will be Monica’s Story. I have always felt sorry for Monica and the way she was treated while Bill Clinton walked out of the “situation” without a spot. Looking forward to see what is said especially since a recent CNN spot quoted her saying that even after all this time, she is still unable to get a job – the incident still haunts her. “You will not be a good fit in this company . . . “ Gender equality????
3. TV wise South Africa is far behind the rest of the world. We do have public TV but really . . . let’s not even go there! The only watchable TV we have is cable TV (called DSTV) which is extremely expensive and totally useless. These past few days I have been flipping through the 100+ channels and there is nothing to watch! How can you show the same movie every day! I mean really, you can’t miss it for 31 days in a row, can you!
4. The Oscar Pistorius trial is huge in South Africa and I follow all the discussions, analysis and debates religiously at night when I get home from work. My personal opinion is that once again fame and money has provided a judgement that would not be given to you or me. Life seems so unfair sometimes.
5. I wish I loved my job . . .
6. Drove behind a car today with those little sensors in the bumber for reversing . . . would they start beebing if I drove to close behind them? That would be awesome! Just saying . . .
7. Armchair BEA starts next week – are you taking part? This is the first
time that I will be taking part and am very excited. Will see if I can get my “introduction” done for Monday this weekend