Thursday, May 22, 2014

Bookish (and not so Bookish) Thoughts #1

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is the place where we can talk about anything that pops into our minds, bookish or otherwise.  Your rants (good or bad) are welcome here too.  Come and share anything you want with us today.

13526165

 

1.  Listening to Where’d you go, Bernadette at the moment and loving it.  I am not a big contemporary novel fan but this has popped up with great reviews everywhere.  So I had to give it a try.
(I had a hard time keeping a straight face today so that someone would not guess that I was listening to an audiobook.   Sometimes it is necessary to keep that secret Smile  )

 

2.  Next up will be Monica’s Story.  I have always felt sorry for Monica and the way she was treated while Bill Clinton walked out of the “situation” without a spot.  Looking forward to see what is said especially since a recent CNN spot quoted her saying that even after all this time, she is still unable to get a job – the incident still haunts her.  “You will not be a good fit in this company . . . “  Gender equality???? 

3.  TV wise South Africa is far behind the rest of the world.  We do have puindexblic TV but really . . . let’s not even go there!  The only watchable TV we have is cable TV (called DSTV) which is  extremely expensive and totally useless.  These past few days I have been flipping through the 100+ channels and there is nothing to watch!  How can you show the same movie every day!  I mean really, you can’t miss it for 31 days in a row, can you!

4. The Oscar Pistorius trial is huge in South Africa and I follow all the discussions, analysis and debates religiously at night when I get home from work.  My personal opinion is that once again fame and money has provided a judgement that would not be given to you or me.  Life seems so unfair sometimes.

5.  I wish I loved my job . . .

6.  Drove behind a car today with those little sensors in the bumber for reversing . . . would they start beebing if I drove to close behind them? That would be awesome!  Just saying . . .

7.  Armchair BEA starts next week – are you taking part?  This is the first

ArmchairBEA LogoExample

time that I will be taking part and am very excited.  Will see if I can get my “introduction” done for Monday this weekend Smile

2 comments:

  1. Good list!! That's amazing about Monica not being able to get a job anywhere still...ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great reading list! I'm really interested in reading Monica's story too.

    ReplyDelete