Secondly, the Audiobook challenge. This year I made the challenge easily and next year will be the "Look Ma no hands - 50+" level for me. As I said previously, 50 books is a bit ambitious but hey, let's give it a go!
Lastly, I have made this list below. A fun idea for bringing a wider choice of books into your life. I have borrowed ideas for various lists and if you have any ideas to add, please let me know. The ones that I do not get to fill, will be moved over to next year. I want to try and keep the list going . . .
That is it - what are your challenges for the new year?
My own Challenge list (compiled from all the challenges out there)
1. A book with more than 500 pages.
The Ruins (21/01/2015)
3. A book that became a TV series.
Station Eleven (23/01/2015)
5. A book written by someone under 30.
Horns by Joe Hill (13/01/2015)
7. A funny book.
8. A book with a one-word title.
9. A book of short stories.
10. A non-fiction book.
11. A popular author's first book.
12. A Prize winning book.
13. A book based on a true story.
14. A book chosen entirely based on the cover.
15. A book with food/cooking featuring heavily.
16. A trilogy.
Red Rising by Pierce Brown (03/01/2015)
18. A book that made you cry.
Saga Volume 1 (23/01/2015)
20. A book set during Christmas.
21. A book you started but never finished.
22. A book by an "auto-buy-for-you" author.
23. A book published this year.
The Truth of the cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaiman (11/01/2015)
24. A book published before 2014.
25. A book published before you were born.
26. A book published within the last month.
The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison (07/01/2015)
28. A re-read.
Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt (04/01/2015)
30. A book written by a celebrity.
31. A book you saw someone reading.
32. A memoir.
33. A biography.
34. A horror book.
35. A traditional/contemporary fiction book.
36. A historical novel.
37. A mystery book.
38. A psychological thriller.
39. A science fiction book set in future on earth.
40. A science fiction book set in another world.
41. A cozy mystery.
42. A book with an angel.
43. A book written by a South African author.
44. A re-telling of a classic story.
45. A book featuring books or a bookstore.
46. A book where the main character is being hunted (can be a killer, a victim, etc)
47. A book with a day of the week in the title.
48. A book with a month in the title.
Wolf in White Van by John Darnielle (16/01/2015)
A - Z Location Challenge:
C - Chicago, USA - The Silent Wife (07/01/2015)
G - Gideon, New Hampshire, USA - Horns (13/01/2015)
M - Mars - Red Rising (03/01/2015)
P - Passaic County, USA - Open and Shut (04/01/2015)
S - Scotland - The Truth of the cave in the Black Mountains (11/01/2015)
T - Toronto, Canada - Station Eleven (23/01/2015)
A - Z Character Name Challenge:
A - Andy - Open and Shut (04/01/2015)
D - Darrow - Red Rising (03/01/2015)
I - Ig - Horns (13/01/2015)
J - Jodi - The Silent Wife (07/01/2015)
K - Kirsten - Station Eleven (23/01/2015)
S - Sean - Wolf in White Van (16/01/2015)