Friday, December 26, 2014

{Movie} Review: Slumdog Millionnaire (2008)


 Starring:  Dev Patel, Freida Pinto and Madhur Mittal (2008)

A Mumbai teen who grew up in the slums, becomes a contestant on the Indian version of "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire?" He is arrested under suspicion of cheating, and while being interrogated, events from his life history are shown which explain why he knows the answers.

This was the movie that has been on my PVR the longest (2+ years) and this afternoon it was finally time to give it a shot.
It started off slow and I was beginning to doubt my choice but it turned into "feel-good" film as the tagline assured us it would be.Some of the earlier "abuse" scenes were a bit much for me but I understand how it is a necessary part of the story.   The further the story unfolded, the more you are drawn in and at the end, I was a bit divided . . . where would the story lead?  Would Jamal answer the last question correctly . . . I must admit that the story would have worked for me either way.

All in all it was a fun afternoon with the bad guy redeeming himself and the happy ending we were hoping for.  I love happy endings . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment