Thursday, July 10, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts #8

Bookish and Not-So-Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. This is the place where we can talk about anything that pops into our minds, bookish or otherwise.  Your rants (good or bad) are welcome here too.  Come and share anything you want with us today.

1. I am not a big soccer fan. But since it is the World Cup, I have been watching the last few matches and will be watching the final as well (Go Netherlands!). *writing this post before the start of the semi final*  One thing that really works on my nerves though, is everyone falling over when someone just breathes in their direction . . . really??!! . . .   So I wanted to share this little video with you . . . sure to make you smile :)


2.   Can I also just say a very heartfelt . . . poor, poor Brazil.  I felt so bad for them loosing in such a humiliating way.



3.  I don't understand how clothing line suppliers/purchasers/shoppers think?  This morning when I went to the post office (at about 10am), it was still only 5 °C.  I had the car heater on!  We are smack in the middle of winter with two months to go before spring will even consider making an appearance and the shops are full of skimpy summer clothes.  Why????  I am looking for a thick sweater!  Oh my goodness, I am so grumpy today :)

4.  I am still working through IT by Stephen King.  Am enjoying it a lot with about 38 hours to go (I did not get much listening time while I was in bed recovering for the chemo this past weekend/week.  I just want to lie and forget everything - praying for the time to pass).   I am happy to report that Beverley discovered a little bit of her fighting spirit but I was disappointed in how little she did.  I know this book was written in the 80's and I am sure for that time, it was a big and brave stand but nowadays we are used to our women "fighting like a girl" - I wanted him to SUFFER.

LoL - look at that, grumpy and evil!  :)

5.  I reviewed the movie version of 1408 this past Sunday and wanted to find the original short story as I have never read it.  Luckily it was an easy find, so I am currently listening to it inbetween other books.  I am really enjoying the narrator.  His flat tone is perfect for this story . . . although I have a strong feeling to slap Mike upside the head!

6.  Got my laptop back and slowly but surely I am working through finding all that was lost.  Hopefully I will be back to normal by this weekend.  I am so behind with my reviews!

That is all for now - have a great weekend! 

2 comments:

  1. That summer dress appearance during the thick middle of winter gets me mad - oh yeah, gets me really mad. I wonder if stores are maybe thinking about those people who are sick of winter already and need some retail therapy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We're smack in the middle of summer here- I'd LOVE to have to use my heater!

    ReplyDelete