Saturday, March 28, 2015
Audiobook Challenge - January to March 2015 update
This year my goal is to listen to 50+ audiobooks. At the rate I am going, I might have over extended myself a bit. So far I have only listened to 15 books.
The problem is not finding time to listen to books. In fact I have been home for about three weeks after an operation and I have only listened to three books this whole month. And now I have almost a month left of my sick leave but I am not listening to any books! Finding the right book for my mood is my problem. I am definitely a mood reader and to find something that I enjoy at a certain time is a problem for me. I have started so many books but have changed to something different after a hour or so for many, many books.
Here is my list so far:
1. Red Rising by Pierce Brown (03/01/2015)
2. Open and Shut by David Rosenfeldt (04/01/2015)
3. The Silent Wife by ASA Harrison (07/01/2015)
4. The Truth is a cave in the Black Mountains by Neil Gaimen (11/01/2015)
5. Horns by Joe Hill (13/01/2015)
6. Wolf in white van by John Darnielle (16/01/2015)
7. The Ruins by Scott Smith (21/01/2015)
8. Station Eleven by Emily St. John Mandel (23/01/2015)
9. The Cry by Helen Fitzgerald (06/02/2015)
10. A Series of Unfortunate Events: The Bad Beginning (10/02/2015)
11. The Girl on the Train by Paula Hawkins (18/02/2015)
12. Revival by Stephen King (25/02/2015)
13. The Rise and Fall of the Third Reich (audiobook 57 hours and 13 minutes) - 05/03/2015
14. Shawshank Redemption by Stephen King (19/03/2015)
15. In the tall grass by Stephen King and Joe Hill (27/03/2015)
My favourites so far this year are The Ruins by Scott Smith and Station Eleven by Emily St John Mandel. Two very different books but I loved them.
I might have to find a favourite read and re-listen to it :) I have to do something to get myself listening again!