Thursday, September 25, 2014

Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts #12

Bookish and Not-so-Bookish Thoughts is hosted by Bookishly Boisterous. Here we can talk about our week or anything that pops into our minds, bookish or otherwise. Even rants are allowed (good or bad). You are welcome here. Come and share anything you want with us.

1.  I read a "Bookish and not-so-bookish" blog post recently where Lipsy was talking about bloggers that claim to read (and review) 25+ books a month.  I agree, I am not sure how you could keep the stories straight if you read almost a book a day . . . and where do you get the time to live life and also review the books.  How many books do you read in a month?  And if you do hit the 25+ mark, yay for you.  Please share your secret, how do you do it!

2.  Read THE GOOD HOUSE by Ann Leary.  Really enjoyed it and the narration was fabulous.  It is about the day-to-day life of an alcoholic that is not ready to admit it to herself.  And off course she is also a bit of a "busy body" that knows the secrets of the whole town.  I highly recommend the audio book.


3.  So many people recommended it after I finished THE HUSBAND SECRET that I got BIG LITTLE LIES by Liane Moriarty.  I listen to a few chapters every day in my car while I commute to and from work.  So far so good . . . the story takes place in Australia, so the narrator has a slight accent which I am loving.


4.  I started my new chemo treatment this past week and the side effects are a bit easier to handle than the first try.  Still nauseous but not as much.  It is just much, much more expensive.  This is what R 10,000.00 looks like . . . EX-PEN-SIVE!!!!!


Till next week

4 comments:

  1. I loved The Good House audio… such a fabulous production. Just started reading Big Little Lies on my kindle today.

    Speechless over the chemo cost! Glad the side effects are easier though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, JoAnn. I am over halfway with Big Little Lies now . . . I love the way the story is slowly unfolding.

      Delete
  2. You are awesome! That would never work in my house. Too many interruptions . . . I only listen to my audiobooks when I am sure I will be able to actually do the listening :)

    ReplyDelete